Saturday, April 2, 2011

Yes, Just ONE!

It’s been awhile since my last entry and I am happily celebrating the 2nd trimester.  At about 18 weeks I’m feeling alive and am finally I’m starting to see that glow everyone has been talking about.  My energy is on fire, albeit in sudden spurts, and I find myself cleaning and rearranging everything in the house.  My partner didn’t understand my sudden urges to clean and rearrange, he suggested that I rest and save my energy.  I explained to him that I am in the nesting phase and went through it with my daughter.

I’d be in bed nice and relaxed then all of sudden inspiration would hit.  I’d hang new curtains, re-arrange (light) furniture, reorganize cabinets... you name it!  As I sit here writing I’m trying to figure out if it would be safe for me to rip up the carpet in my living room and replace it with hard wood... hmmmmm, probably not!



In addition to nesting I am back on my fitness routine and am getting out more and more.  I’ve had the pleasure of doing some inspirational speaking engagements and have started shooting photos for a yoga pregnancy calendar.  One thing that I am noticing is that people assume that I am much farther along in my pregnancy than I am.  It seems as if my belly appeared overnight and since this is my second child things are much more “relaxed”.  When I break the news that I am just barely into my second trimester I always get the “are you sure it’s just one in there?” question.  After awhile I started to get a little paranoid as I haven’t had my first sonogram yet.  IS it just one baby in there?  Wouldn’t I be a whole lot bigger if I was carrying twins?????

After days of obsessing I finally broke down and called my midwife with my concerns.  A little tickled they assured me that the size of my uterus indicated just one baby and that on my next visit I would be getting a sonogram (yay!).

So now my mind is at ease and I can sit back and enjoy as my body changes so that my little angle can get comfortable as he (yes, I’m claiming it!) grows healthy and strong.  This pregnancy is allowing me to see my body for the beautiful blessing that it is J

No comments:

Post a Comment